Monday, October 3, 2011

SembMar

Buy SembMar at $3.19 on 3rd Oct 2011

Trade decision conditions:
  1. STI hit a new low of 2605;
  2. SembMar hit a new low of $3.15; the chance of a rebound is higher after making 2 new lows in 2 trading days
  3. Still no news of retrechment and pay-cut news; meaning that it is just a correction
Stop: $3.10

STI status

As i was posting this update, STI created another new low of 2614. At this point, STI had entered into the bear territory. The news and papers are fuelling the public with a lot of bad news, draw the picture as bad as possible. The plight of our country entering recession, send the fear to everyone's heart.

Personally, i am still holding on the Capitaland position, strongly believe that it is just a big correction. The reasons are that i only see a slow down in the growth; there is no pay-cut across the boad; there is no major retrenchment in the job market. Why there is no posting of thousands of jobs lost in the news like the one in 2008? If we are to go back to the 2008 crisis, you will see real bloodshed in the market. This means that most of us will lose our job and pay-cut scheme will be among the hot topic.

Current market situation is a very tough situation for novice traders. But it provides a good opportunity for us to test our skills. Traders with traditional way of trading will fail in this fast and volatile environment. We will need to upgrade ourselves and this market provide us this opportunity.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Capitaland

Buy Capitaland at $2.49 on 23rd Sept

Trade decision conditions:
  1. STI had 2 consecutive huge selldown and created a new low of 2659 which i believed that it may be the lowest.
  2. The risk to take a position minimized
  3. Capitaland defended it's 2 week's low despite the major selldown
  4. Property sector is due to a rally
Stop: $2.30

Friday, September 16, 2011

Genting

Sell Genting at $1.71 on 16th Sept; Buy at $1.645 on 14th Sept

Trade decision conditions:
  1. STI rallied for consecutive 2 days; expecting a slight pullback
  2. Genting touches the resistance price of $1.72; expecting difficulties at this level
Profit: 3.5%

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Genting

Buy Genting at $1.645 on 14th Sept
  1. Defend it's 10DMA of $1.64
  2. STI hit a new bottom
  3. 3th down day for STI, minimize the risk
Stop: $1.63

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Genting

Sell Genting at $1.65 on intraday; buy at $1.67
  1. Sudden reversal reaction on STI
  2. Genting cannot defend the $1.66 price
Loss: 1%

Genting

Buy Genting at $1.67 on 6th Sept

Trade decision conditions:
  1. STI was hit down heavily yesterday but a higher low is seen
  2. Successfully defend it's 10DMA of $1.64, expect the short-term 10DMA to hold
  3. Broke out of 30DMA of $1.66
Stop: $1.61