Thursday, March 17, 2011

Biosensor

Sell Biosensor at $1.11 on 17th Mar; Buy at $1.14 on 14th Mar

Trade decision conditions:
  1. Stop price is hit
  2. US market is facing a massive sell-off; DJ may drop to 11000 points (200DMA)
  3. The global markets are worsen by Japan Quake conditions
  4. STI is trending below 2950; the STI bottom is unsure if US market is going to fall further.
Loss: -2.6%

I still side the bulls as i feel that the market is facing a technical correction. The long-term trend has not changed yet.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Biosensor, Ezra

Buy Biosensor at $1.14 on 14th Mar
Buy Ezra at $1.63 on 14th Mar

Trade decision conditions:
  1. STI dropped below 2980 again and the more it got near to 2900, i feel the risk is minimised.
  2. Japan Quake rocked the global stocks which i think it was just temporary.
  3. The above 2 counters held quite well despite a 90-points down attack.
Stop: Biosensor ($1.10)
Stop: Ezra ($1.60)

Monday, March 14, 2011

NOL

Sell NOL at $2.01 on 14th Mar; Buy at $2.07 on 10th Mar

Trade decision conditions:
  1. Stop price of $2.01 triggered
  2. STI may be heading toward 3000
Loss: 3%

STI update

The Japan earthquake had thrown Nikkei 5% down on the first day of trading this week. Many Japanese had lost their homes and loved ones. I hope that they will recover from this devastating natural disaster soon.

Back to trading in Singapore market, the earthquake have not yet hit STI to a new low. A lot of counters had turned into a buying state. I am waiting for the bears to try harder to bring the index down to 3000. In this way, it will test the buying signal of various counters. Till then, i will post the counters that hold well and most likely to move up.

Let's wait patiently and see how the bears react.

Friday, March 11, 2011

STI

I had anticipated the sell-down in the US market. But the sell-down was still not as hard. It just merely crossed it's 50DMA for DJ. I had mentioned that the sell-down would drag down the STI, that's why i had taken profit early (Refer to my earlier post).

The STI picture is now more clearer. As i was writing this post, STI had just hit a low of 3045. Personally, i feel that the 3000 point will be the buying time. If it hit 3000 point, it will be a shopping time for me.

Right now, even STI goes under 3062(200DMA). The volume is very thin, showing that the big players are sitting on the sideline. Hoping that those fear sheeps will throw their money to them. I feel that it's a right time to select stocks that holds very well. Please be extra cautious on selecting your stocks.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

NOL

I was lucky enough to survive the pullback today, having taken profit yesterday. Overall, i felt that the uptrend is still intact.

Buy NOL at 2.07 on 10th Mar 2011

Trade decision conditions:
  1. The RS is strong as related to STI
  2. Cross the 10DMA of $2.06 and hold firmly despite the STI pullback


     3.   On the uptrend line as shown on the chart above, the target of 30DMA ($2.14) is possible

Stop: $2.01 (cutting through the uptrend line)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Profit taking day

Sell Ezra at $1.77 on 9th Mar 2011; buy at $1.69 on 3rd Mar
Sell Rotary at $0.93 on 9th Mar 2011; buy at $0.9 on 24th Feb
Sell Capitaland at $3.37 on 9th Mar 2011; buy at $3.36 on 3rd Mar

Trade decision conditions:
  1. STI testing the resistance level; the direction will be unclear
  2. US correction situation; not comfortable with it at this moment
Profit: 4.5% (Ezra), 3% (Rotary), no profit or loss (Capitaland)

Overall profit: 7.5%